Wednesday, September 16, 2009



I couldn't understand the article about the building with my poor English and my lack of interest. I like the photos of the building but not the design, the design of the building is hard to understand. But then I tried to read the Heritage Office information, I looked at the photos at same time which made me understand the information more easily.
The building style is Federation Romanesque and it is an educational building, the first technical college in Australia. The building was built at 1891 by W E Kemp. They used materials such as brick, slate, sandstone, tile, trachyte. The building has a slate hipped and gabled roof and is three storeys high. I like the arched window's shape best. The building is bright under the sun , I like bright things, I think it is full of hope. It was originally built as a tecnical school and offices in the past and now it is also a school and offices.
Maybe I will visit Ultimo TAFE college one day, I will use my eyes to find beautiful things.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you persevered and managed to understand a bit about the building. You could go and visit it one day and take your own photos.

    ReplyDelete