Sunday, August 23, 2009

Taronga Zoo

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: happyjin1
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

I had a good weekend. Last Saturday I went to Taronga Zoo with my friends. I want to thank my brother-in-law; he sent me a zoo ticket which his boss gave him. It was my first time to visit a zoo in Australia after I have arrived in two months. I was so happy, so I couldn’t sleep all night. I woke up early the next mooring, and the alarm didn’t go-off. I put on my clothes and shoes which I had prepared last night. Then I began to wait for my friends. It was 11:00 then we set out. The time which I waited was so long. We arrived at the train station at 11:25; then we bought tickets to the city. We have an TAFE card, so we could have some discount on the tickets.
We arrived at the city at 12:00; then we went to by ferry. On the way to the ferry, we saw a statue but it was an surprise, he smiled to me, then I knew he was a person, my friend told me that was Body art, I could take a photo with him, I was in surprise, so I took a photo with him, before that he put two neck clothes on my neck, one is in front of my neck and another one is behind my neck, then put flowers over my head and put some fruits over my hands, I tried to ask him not put flowers on my head, but I smiled so cute. That was my first experience. Then we saw some aborigines; they played music and also were taken photos with visitors. I also took photos with them; they taught me how to play music like them in a friendly way. That also was my first time to do that.
My friends had visited the zoo several times, but they forgot how to buy a ticket, so they asked others with poor English. We used the TAFE card to buy ticket, after 15 minutes we got on the ferry; we sat in the front of the ferry. We took lots of photos when the ferry was passing the Sydney Bridge and Sydney Opera House. When we arrived at the zoo, we had to wait our turn to take the cable car. But I didn’t have any words, because it was my first time to take a cable car, it was value . When we were waiting, my friends told me that they hadn’t visited the whole zoo in the past, they weren’t sure they could visit the whole zoo in that day.
We had a visiting out of order. When we arrived at the seal place, the seal show was just over; the next show would be in an hour, so we went to another part. We saw a bird act, but we couldn’t go inside and sit down to see that, because the show had begun before we arrived there, so we only glanced it. But it doesn’t matter, we saw some other animals like bear, ostrich, sloth, pig, sheep, elephant (I didn’t see a baby elephant, they told me that a baby elephant is lovely). I was surprising when I saw big gun in the zoo. I didn’t know why? I thought that only in China! It is a joke!
We lost our way, sometimes we visited a place two or three times. We went back at 4:00pm. On our way to home, we took some photos in front of Sydney Opera House and we had supper at my nephew’s working place. An interesting thing was that we took photos with policemen, my friend helped me take a photo when I was shaking hands with a policeman. At 6:30pm we took the train to Hurstville. On the train we laughed, we saw our photos. It was a good day. I want to keep my ticket as a souvenir. There were so many first times!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are getting to know our beautiful city!Next time you go to the zoo you have to make sure you know the times of the different shows. Do not miss the bird show in its entirity. It is amazing!

    I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete