Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Day on the Sculpture by the Sea 2009

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: haibian
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

I find sculpture is very hard to understand. Before I went to Bondi beach, I read the information which Rosa had given us. Unfortunately, I couldn't understand it. I thought maybe when I saw the sculpture in Bondi beach for real, then it could help me understand it.

I woke up at 8:00am, before that, I woke up twice at 4:00am and 6:00am. I think I was worried about missing the train! After breakfast, I said goodbye to my family then walked to Hurstville station. During the 20 minutes walk, I was enjoying the fresh air and smelling and looking at everything. I arrived at Kogarah right on 9:00, I met my classmates, we talked about our weekend and the longing about the Sculpture by the sea 2009. Most of us missed the 9:16 train which to the Bondi Junction station, only May, Lucy and Peiyi, who walked quickly, got on the train. They waited for us at Bondi Junction station.

We arrived at Bondi beach after a 15 minutes bus ride. We walked around the beach and we saw many sculptures, we took photos of the sculptures and our classmates. I just enjoyed the colourful sculptures, but I couldn't understand what the meaning of them was. I also remembered to look for my individual sculpture . There was such a long queue to wait to see sculpture 51, that at first we gave up waiting and went away to see other things. After we went around looking at other sculptures, Peiyi and I decided to buy an ice cream and ate our ice cream while waiting to see the real face of the sculpture51(firmament).

We walked inside one by one, I held onto a boy who was before me tightly. We couldn't see anything in the firmament, everybody just walked, and one person screamed, then we all screamed, which made us briefly less scared, but really afraid again when we heard everybody screaming. The firmament was full of cries. I didn't notice how long we stayed there. When we walked out, one boy was swinging his arm, I couldn't face looking at his face and I walked to the other side, far away from him, feeling very embarrassed. I asked myself not to think about it, and I played in the water with Lucy and Peiyi.

On the way back home I thought about firmament. Its use of black walls which had been pierced with tiny pinholes which allowed needle like pricks of light, which were like stars in the firmament, to illuminate the dark.

It was a lovely day!


1 comment:

  1. Informative blog! it was very useful for me.Thanks for sharing. Do share more ideas regularly.
    Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
    As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

    ReplyDelete